Monday 7 January 2013

building a new Dinghy for myself Part II

Today, made first step towards getting the dinghy underway, talked to the boat designer today and asked if he could modify one of his present designs to meet my needs for a slightly shorter version of his Coot design. As the present length is little to long for my needs, but the overall design and shape is what I am looking for my own needs.

The design and the sail plan remind me of a boat I once owned when I started Boat Building when I was an apprentice boat builder. A balanced Lugsail and easy driven hull and good for children to learn how to sail. Which is one of the reasons why I am building this one to teach my son how to sail and enjoy being on the water.

Hopefully I should have the plans by the end of the week and be ready to start the project over the next few months and be ready to launch at Easter along with the main boat.

More to come over the next few weeks, watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment